What is Cyber Bullying?
Sometimes when you’re on the internet, there may be someone who wants to harm you like a bully but without hurting you physically. If you visit some places on the internet like chatrooms or social media sites like Facebook or Twitter, some people can say mean things about you. You may not even know the people who are doing it.
Examples of Cyber Bullying:
- Someone sending mean messages using the phone or online
- Someone trying to make other people be unkind to another person
- Trying to embarrass or make someone look silly in front of others
- Spreading lies about someone to make him/her look bad in front of his/her family, friends or at school.
- Leaving someone out of an online group and making them feel left out
What can happen if people are bullied?
- Being bullied can make people feel very sad
- It can make them feel like nobody likes them
- Being bullied can also make you feel depressed and lonely
- Don’t answer any messages from bullies
- Don’t put any private information like your name or address on the internet
- Never open messages from strangers
- Never meet people you get to know on the internet
- Never bully others
- Tell your parents or guardian if you see anything on the internet that you don’t like or are unsure of